Hi everybody. I have now decided to integrate my blogger account with my new website.
Please click the link below to visit the new site.

GJGPhotography.co.uk

Saturday 15 January 2011

First post 2011

Welcome to 2011 if you are a regular follower or new visitor to my blog.

It's been a busy November and December for me, but unfortunately, not behind the camera. Work has been very busy, and the Xmas social season is always complete madness. I avoided quite a bit of it, but still managed to be out as much as usual.

The weather was the first thing most people were talking about - lots of snow, ice and persistant sub-zero temperatures. Looking out of the window today, I think I perhaps ought to have made more of the conditions......but then I was without a 4x4 for the first time in 10 years, so I struggled to get out and about - sharing the wifes A4 cab was not ideal !

I've remedied that now with a great little Shogun Pinin that has been converted into a van - a 4x4 van, that takes all my kit

So, what have I got planned for this year ?

I've travelled in the UK quite a bit in the last couple of years, so I'll probably stay closer to home and make the best use of the wildlife that inhabits my local patch.

Badgers remain the No 1 project and Calum and I will be back at the set again - what this space.

We will also see if we can find the fox den and try to capture the cubs that we frequently saw in the fields adjacent to the badgers location.

We've found a few Little Owls this year, so we will see if photograph them as well.

I know a spot where Grebe's can be seen courting - I tried for them last year, but will see if I can succeed this time !

As for trips, I'll hopefully visit Shetland again. Another week watching and photographing Otters, Puffins, Gannetts and everything else that Shetland has to offer will be great.

I visit Norfolk every year, and this year will be no exception.

Where else will I go ? I'm not sure, but keep popping back, and you'll find out.......

All the best for 2011 and happy snapping.

Cheers


Graham

No comments: