Hi everybody. I have now decided to integrate my blogger account with my new website.
Please click the link below to visit the new site.

GJGPhotography.co.uk

Saturday 29 August 2009

Dippers

I was given a super opportunity to photograph Dippers with my good mate, SJK, so after the usual early start, we arrived at the 'location', which is a beautiful spot in the depths of Derbyshire.

The dippers at this location are pretty much unfazed by humans and so close approach is possible, although dependent upon the time of year, one must be wary not to disturb possible nest sites.


I've watched these birds a few times now at several different sites, and if you know what to look for, they are more common than I ever thought. I've seen them this year as far north as the Cairngorms and more recently down south near Dartmoor in Devon, but none have been so easy to approach as the one's in Derbyshire.

Unfortunately, as far as I am aware, Dippers don't live in Essex but if anyone out there knows different, let me know...............

No comments: