Hi everybody. I have now decided to integrate my blogger account with my new website.
Please click the link below to visit the new site.

GJGPhotography.co.uk

Sunday 17 May 2009

Trip Report - Scotland - Day Four

Time to move on. 

After a very nice 'Scottish' Breakfast, I defrosted the car and we headed across to our second hotel on Loch Awe which is one of Scotland's largest Loch's and situated on the West Coast, near to Oban.

Once in the area, Steve navigated us around several of the nearby Lochs looking for subjects to photograph. As we had headed west, the weather had deteriorated, and we saw our first, but only rain for the trip.

The highlight of the day for me was spotting a bird I had really hoped I would see, but didn't think I would get near enough to photograph.

Spotting the bird from about a mile away, I drove down to the spot nearest and while Steve set up to shoot some Stonechats, I set about trying to get some shots of what I think is one of the most stunning birds that we have within our shores - the Black Throated Diver.

Luckily I found a very comfortable spot, laying head down on a mossy bank, and hiding behind a tree. I set the camera as low as I could get it and waited for the bird to come in close. Half an hour later he duly obliged allowing me to get a few shots off before he took off and disappeared over a hill, letting out a strange wailing call as he went.


Now that I seen one of these birds, I will be going back for more -they are truly awesome birds.............watch this space !

No comments: