Hi everybody. I have now decided to integrate my blogger account with my new website.
Please click the link below to visit the new site.

GJGPhotography.co.uk

Sunday 17 May 2009

Trip Report - Scotland - Day One

My first big expedition of the year took place at the beginning of May with a trip to Scotland with my friend, fellow wildlife enthusiast and photographer, Steve Kaluski.

We planned our first day as a staging day, intending to stay in York and then to complete the journey to the Cairngorms area on the Sunday.

We decided to take a diversion however and accept an invite to join Danny Green to go to a little spot where a pair of Dippers were busy preparing to breed, nest and rear their young.






Having met up with Danny, we headed down to the location and spent a fantastic day observing these great birds who were completely unphased by 3 photographers.


We were later joined by another NPN member, Craig Jones.
A few hundred images later, we left Danny and Craig to head back to our cars. I won't forget that walk in a hurry - it didn't seem too bad on the way down, but with a full load of gear, the walk back was something else !

I am really pleased to have met Danny and been given a chance to observe and photogragh these wonderful birds in a cracking setting.



A great start to our trip !

No comments: